I am about to switch the v3-stable release to 3.20, which means it will
be based on the 3.19.x beta branch. I have created a test tarball,
available at:

http://download.rsyslog.com/rsyslog/rsyslog-3.20.0.tar.gz

I would appreciate if some could try it out and report any potential
issues they see. I intend to release this tomorrow or Thursday if
nothing bad happens.

Rainer
Re: new v3-stable release candidate [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008, Rainer Gerhards wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am about to switch the v3-stable release to 3.20, which means it will
> be based on the 3.19.x beta branch. I have created a test tarball,
> available at:
>
> http://download.rsyslog.com/rsyslog/rsyslog-3.20.0.tar.gz
>
> I would appreciate if some could try it out and report any potential
> issues they see. I intend to release this tomorrow or Thursday if
> nothing bad happens.

one problem I have been seeing in the nextmaster branch is that with imudp
on a box that has IPv6 in the kernel, but not IPv6 IP addresses on the box
rsyslog goes into a loop (eating 100% cpu, but not doing anything) when it
recieves a IPv4 syslog packet.

Rainer has not been able to duplicate the problem, could someone else test
this?

I've been seeing it on Debian amd64 boxes.

David Lang
Re: new v3-stable release candidate [ In reply to ]
> one problem I have been seeing in the nextmaster branch is that with
> imudp
> on a box that has IPv6 in the kernel, but not IPv6 IP addresses on the
> box
> rsyslog goes into a loop (eating 100% cpu, but not doing anything)
when
> it
> recieves a IPv4 syslog packet.
>
> Rainer has not been able to duplicate the problem, could someone else
> test
> this?

That would be really good. But please note that nextmaster will become
3.23.x, not 3.20. The upcoming 3.20 stable release is based on the
current beta. I just wanted to make sure we are all talking about the
right versions :)

Rainer