Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 3.21.5 released
Hi all,

rsyslog 3.21.5, a member of the development branch, has just been
released. It contains new features, improvements and bug fixes. Most
importantly, a bug has been fixed that can cause a segfault on HUP when
using the UDP input. Also, performance has been greatly enhanced
(special thanks to David Lang for his help). Finally, multi-threaded
handling has been improved. This is a recommended update for all
development branch users.

Changelog:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Article279.phtml

Download:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Downloads-req-viewdownloaddetails-lid-132.phtml

As always, feedback is appreciated.

Florian Riedl
--
Support
=======

Improving rsyslog is costly, but you can help! We are looking for
organizations that find rsyslog useful and wish to contribute back. You
can contribute by reporting bugs, improve the software, or donate money
or equipment.

Commercial support contracts for rsyslog are available, and they help
finance continued maintenance. Adiscon GmbH, a privately held German
company, is currently funding rsyslog development. We are always looking
for interesting development projects. For details on how to help, please
see http://www.rsyslog.com/doc-how2help.html .

Re: rsyslog 3.21.5 released [ In reply to ]
On 9/30/08, Florian Riedl <friedl@hq.adiscon.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> rsyslog 3.21.5, a member of the development branch, has just been
> released.

Hi,

I'm eager to switch from the stable to the development branch but
first I'd like to know if the imfile segmentation fix that was shipped
with 3.18.3 has been merged into the development branch.

The changelogs for 3.21.3 - 3.21.5 don't mention this issue so
probably I'll have to wait but I thought I'd ask just in case.

Thanks!

Regards,
Luigi
Re: rsyslog 3.21.5 released [ In reply to ]
Hi Luigi,

yes, this has been merged. All fixes have been merged, except for some
doc things. I think this is the one in question:

http://git.adiscon.com/?p=rsyslog.git;a=commit;h=7b456ce548030ff362d3a2b
e04b1e5c2c89e0dcb

Rainer