(safari and firefox), the query remains running on the sql server and
only goes away after it times out, degrading performance.

I'm using 2.5.3 of phpLogCon
phpLogCon bug? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I think this behavior comes from the design of php. Closing the Browser
Window tells the webserver to quit the current connection, but if the
php processor hangs within a working sql query, he has to wait until
this query is done.

Best regards,
Andre Lorbach

phpLogCon bug? [ In reply to ]
I agree with andre, thats http behaviour. The srver doesnt even know the client is dead until it tries to send data (which it can only after completing the query).
Hth
rainer

----- Urspr?ngliche Nachricht -----