Mailing List Archive

rsyslog with RELP resolving issue
Hi,

I've been testing rsyslog versions 3.18.2 and 3.21.3 with RELP. My
problem here is that no matter what I try I can't get the receiving
rsyslog to do hostname resolving. If I disable RELP and go back to
either tcp or udp it will resolve my hosts properly. On the receiving
side I have a template that create one log file per host with the
%HOSTNAME% variable, if I try using %fromhost% and RELP I end up with an
unresolved ip-address.

Is there a hidden option I'm not aware of or is resolving just not
working properly with RELP yet?

Secondly I wonder if adding a option that force rsyslog to use FQDN for
everything including hostnames within the same domain as the logserver
would be plausible?

--
Sincerely,
Stefan Wold