Mailing List Archive

rsyslog 1.13.0 released
I am glad to announce rsyslog 1.13.0. This release offers support for
compressing syslog messages on the wire. It also supports a more
reliable tcp transport mode based on the experimental IETF
syslog-transport-tls Internet Draft (but it does not yet support TLS
natively). There are also a number of tweaks to make it more compatible
with upcoming IETF standards and increase performance even more (this
time we also managed to get down memory usage at the same time).
Finally, there are some useful enhancements to the property replacer,
e.g. the ability to escape or filter out control characters.

The complete change log can be viewed at:

http://www.rsyslog.com/Article61.phtml

The download URL is

http://www.rsyslog.com/Downloads-req-getit-lid-29.phtml

I hope this release if useful. As always, feedback is appreciated.

Rainer Gerhards