Mailing List Archive

Extracting attachments from a mailbox with 2 messages
Attached you will find the contents of our editest mailbox with 2 separate
email messages. Both messages have the same attachment. I am trying to
pull out both of the attachments.

The commands I have tried

ripmime -i editest -d /tmp -unique-names -prefix

ripmime -i editest -d /tmp -unique-names -prefix -mailbox

No matter what it only extracts one attachment.

Thanks,

Brian
Re: Extracting attachments from a mailbox with 2 messages [ In reply to ]
Brian,

> email messages. Both messages have the same attachment. I am trying to
> pull out both of the attachments.

Quite right you are. Thanks for submitting the package, I'll try get this cleaned up ASAP.

Paul.

--
PLDaniels - Software - Xamime
Unix systems Internet Development A.B.N. 19 500 721 806

Re: Extracting attachments from a mailbox with 2 messages [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:31:44 -0800
"Brian Mellen" <bmellen@gmodal.com> wrote:

> This appears to work though
> formail -s [ripmime command] < [mailfile]

I think the problem lies with the separation of the mailbox into the separate emails. ripMIME may be being too strict
on its selection of the separation point and subsequently missing it.

Paul.

RE: Extracting attachments from a mailbox with 2 messages [ In reply to ]
This appears to work though