Updated ripMIME 1.4-dev
An incorrect decoding error for QP encoded files has been fixed in the latest 1.4-dev release.

This logical error could allow for viruses to be specially crafted to slip past existing AV scanners.

Paul.

--
PLDaniels - Software - Xamime
Unix systems Internet Development A.B.N. 19 500 721 806
PGP Public Key at http://www.pldaniels.com/gpg-keys.pld
Re: Updated ripMIME 1.4-dev [ In reply to ]
> boundary="B_3184325147_862740";). Just wondering if anyone knows why it
> keeps choking on these messages. They are rare, and from what I can
> find, the MIME type is very rare as well, but I was just wondering if
> anyone knows a workaround for this.

The apple-double mime type is rather rare for PC users to encounter, though it's quite common between mac users :-)

Best thing I can suggest is to send a copy of the mailpack/email that causes trouble to mailpacks@pldaniels.com, we'll
digest/decode it there and find out what's going on. As for a work-around, you could try using the
--disable-qmail-bounce option on ripMIME, as that typically can make decoding take a lot longer.

Paul.