Mailing List Archive

some ripMIME dev updates
I've just added two new features to ripMIME.

Mon Aug 09 2004
- PLD:DEV:14H48
Added --timeout <seconds> feature which allows you to set a CPU
seconds timeout. If the alarm goes off, ripMIME will terminate
with an error code of RIPMIME_ERROR_TIMEOUT (5) and leave a log
entry (if required).

This feature is useful to prevent server-load runaway if ripMIME
has a problem decoding a particular email

- PLD:DEV:14H11
Added --formdata option to allow the decoding of HTML form
data which often contains embedded \0 sequences which cannot
be accurately handled by normal email-MIME decoding routines
(yet)

Available from:

http://www.pldaniels.com/ripmime/ripmime-1.3.dev.tar.gz

By default the timeout isn't active. For most emails, I recommend a timeout of not more than about 30 seconds. If your
machine cannot decode the mailpack within that amount of time then either the mailpack is absolutely MASSIVE, or it's
going around in loops.

The form data option is mostly useful to people who need to use ripMIME to decode HTML-POST/GET forms.

Paul.

--
Paul L Daniels - PLD Software - Xamime
Unix systems Internet Development A.B.N. 19 500 721 806