Mailing List Archive

how to integrate ripmime with .qmail
Hello,

I am using vpopmail - qmail - imap combination in my linux box (rh9). I
have one email id .. like user@domain.com and I want any mail coming to
this id will be parsed and the attachment is saved in /home/test.
I have run ripmime from shell and it worked perfectly. Thanks.
I tried to integrate the same in .qmail ( in
/home/vpopmail/domains/domain.com/user/ folder ), so that is rule is
applicable for this user only. I added this line in the .qmail file:
| ripmime -i - -d /home/test --syslog_on
This does not work, infact, the mail is not getting delivered, and
remains in the queue.
Could anyone please let me know where I am making the mistake? Also if
there is anything else that needs to be done?
Look forward to hear in this regard.

Thank you in advance.
Nir

--
Nirjhareswar Banerjee

nirjhareswar@radixtechnologies.com
Project Team Lead
RadixTechnologies
http://www.radixtechnologies.com
Cellular Phone No (Direct): +919830223348

********************
"NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by RadixTechnologies for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by telephone, so that the sender's address records can be corrected."
********************
Re: how to integrate ripmime with .qmail [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

> applicable for this user only. I added this line in the .qmail file:
> | ripmime -i - -d /home/test --syslog_on

I think the problem here is that ripMIME doesn't actually pipe out the mailpack again. You probably need to write a
small shell script; like

#!/bin/sh
> /home/test/mailpack.$$
ripmime -i - -d /home/test --syslog-on
cat /home/test/mailpack.$$
rm /home/test/mailpack
exit 0

I'm no qmail expert, so I may well be wrong here - perhaps someone with qmail experience can assist?

--
Paul L Daniels - PLD Software - Xamime
Unix systems Internet Development A.B.N. 19 500 721 806
Re: how to integrate ripmime with .qmail [ In reply to ]
Hello Paul,

Thank you very much for the shell script, but this dint work. When I
pipe the .qmail to this shell, this creates the mailpack files, but the
actual extraction is not performed. I am not sure where I am making the
mistake.
I will really be thankful if I get some help on this.

Thanks again
Regards
Nir

Re: how to integrate ripmime with .qmail [ In reply to ]
I'm such an idiot - this is why I never release software later than 10pm at night.

> #!/bin/sh
> > /home/test/mailpack.$$
> ripmime -i - -d /home/test --syslog-on

should be....

ripmime -i /home/test/mailpack.$$ -d /home/test --syslog-on

--
Paul L Daniels - PLD Software - Xamime
Unix systems Internet Development A.B.N. 19 500 721 806
ICQ#103642862,AOL:pldsoftware,Yahoo:pldaniels73
PGP Public Key at http://www.pldaniels.com/gpg-keys.pld

Re: how to integrate ripmime with .qmail [ In reply to ]
Hello Paul,

:-) I will test in short while, wish me luck !!!! :-D
Thanks a lot!
Nir

Re: how to integrate ripmime with .qmail [ In reply to ]
Ugh, another mistake by me... *sigh*

> #!/bin/sh
> > /home/test/mailpack.$$

make that line...

cat > /homne/test/mailpack.$$

I really have to stop building model planes and programming.

Re: how to integrate ripmime with .qmail [ In reply to ]
Hello,

This is the test result:
the .qmail file looks like this:
| /home/test/pass.sh

and the pass.sh looks like

#!/bin/sh
> /home/test/mailpack.$$
ripmime -i /home/test/mailpack.$$ -d /home/test --syslog-on
cat /home/test/mailpack.$$
rm /home/test/mailpack.$$
exit 0

Problem is , the piped file is not saved at all, i removed the rm line
from the shell script, and saw that the file size is 0, naturally, the
there is no parsing. I wonder why the piped file is not saved.
Any idea?

Thanks & Regards
Nir

Re: how to integrate ripmime with .qmail [ In reply to ]
the last shell scipt I posted was wrong, this is the correct one !

#!/bin/sh
cat > /homne/test/mailpack.$$