Mailing List Archive

RE: [Qmail-scanner-general]ripmime --recursion-max setting?

> I have an old version ripmime 1.2.17 but I only get 3
> textfiles out of 'ripmime --unique_names -i msg'
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 dwm dwm 46 Jun 8 19:31 textfile0
> -rw-r--r-- 1 dwm dwm 3858 Jun 8 19:31 textfile1
> -rw-r--r-- 1 dwm dwm 15832 Jun 8 19:31 textfile2

Very interesting. I run the latest stable version.

[root@mailgw new]# ripmime -V
v1.3.1.2 - 13-May-2004 (C) PLDaniels http://www.pldaniels.com/ripmime

> I guess I'd be suspicious of the "=20" embedded throughout,
> though it's just that - unconfirmed suspicion. How many files
> do you actually get?

54 is where it finally works. I get textfile0 - textfile53.

[root@mailgw new]# ripmime --recursion-max 53 -i msg.txt
mime.c:2666:MIME_unpack_stage2:WARNING: Current recursion level of 54 is
greater than permitted 53

[root@mailgw new]# ripmime --recursion-max 54 -i msg.txt -v | wc -l
54

> Coincidence maybe but there are 63 occurances of "=20" in that email.
> Maybe the newer version of ripmime has problems? I can't get
> to pldaniels.com site now to grab new version to try.

I even tried the latest dev release and get the same results. There
isnt much activity on the ripmime list is there :)

Re: RE: [Qmail-scanner-general]ripmime --recursion-max setting? [ In reply to ]
Hey all,

> I even tried the latest dev release and get the same results. There
> isnt much activity on the ripmime list is there :)

Sorry about the lack of activity, I guess it tends to come and go in spurts.

Have you tried turning using --disable-qmail-bounce ?

Alas, I wish I didn't have to use qmail-bounce disable options but until email programs stop trying to decode emails
which are not formatted in a way to be decoded (I'm pointing fingers at Outlook here), I unfortunately have to make
ripMIME try to decode the qmail bounces.

Paul.

--
Paul L Daniels - PLD Software - Xamime
Unix systems Internet Development A.B.N. 19 500 721 806
RE: RE: [Qmail-scanner-general]ripmime --recursion-max setting? [ In reply to ]

> > I even tried the latest dev release and get the same
> results. There
> > isnt much activity on the ripmime list is there :)
>
> Sorry about the lack of activity, I guess it tends to
> come and go in spurts.
>
> Have you tried turning using --disable-qmail-bounce ?
>
> Alas, I wish I didn't have to use qmail-bounce disable
> options but until email programs stop trying to decode emails
> which are not formatted in a way to be decoded (I'm pointing
> fingers at Outlook here), I unfortunately have to make
> ripMIME try to decode the qmail bounces.

That did it..

[root@mailgw new]# ripmime -i msg.txt -v --disable-qmail-bounce
Decoding filename=textfile0
Decoding filename=textfile1
Decoding filename=textfile2

But this email wasn't a qmail-bounce... Is it looking at the =20's?

Seeing that I'm running qmail, I really don't want to
--disable-qmail-bounce do I?

Thx