Mailing List Archive

new 1.3-dev release
Well, after some people sent me some lovely mailpacks which, although rather simple, defied ripMIME entirely and
actually sent it into a somewhat endless loop ( only affected earlier 1.3-dev releases afaik ) I've done some major
updates.

The biggest changes were in the way ripMIME handles the texfile* nameless files. Instead of just clobbering all text*
files when MIME_unpack() is finished, I now actually include a storage list of extracted files per call of
MIME_unpack(), so when things are closing down, it removes ONLY the files it created. This has revealed a great deal
more files to me in my decoding validation process.

/Unfortunately/ this has meant that the two underlying calls from MIME_unpack() (MIME_unpack_single() and
MIME_unpack_mailbox()) have been clobbered with a new parameter and have since been removed from the public mime.h file
(the prototypes now appear at the top of the mime.c file).

Here's the CHANGELOG extract;

Fri Mar 05 2004
- PLD:DEV:
Added a stack system for storing the filenames used during any
given MIME_unpack() call, this means that when the MIME_unpack()
call finishes, it doesn't clobber the textfile* files which might
have actually been owned by a parent process (as MIME_unpack() is
recursive in some situations).

This addition once more beefs up the size of ripMIME, but is required
in order to deal with the ever increasing complexity of emails
which are passing through our systems. The new files are
strstack.c
strstack.h
These two new files are actually adapted/stripped-down versions of
the boundarystack files.

- PLD:DEV:
Added a new script to the build process to generate a file called
'buildcodes.h'; this file contains the date in UNIX timestamp
and human-readable date, along with the output from 'uname -a'

This has been added to assist mostly in local build checking, but
also may serve as a good indicator on other machines to see if
a ripMIME version is absolutely current.

Mon Mar 01 2004
- PLD:DEV:
Corrected misspelling of 'QuotePrintable' to 'Quoted-Printable'

- PLD:DEV:
Updated ripOLE licence to match the ripMIME licence.

- PLD:DEV:
Altered the UUDECODING routine to not complain about lack of
permissions on a line which starts with begin but is perhaps
from a plain-text file (ie, not UUENCODED).
Suggestion given by Daniel Fraga.

- PLD:DEV:
Removed --syslog_on and --stderr_off paramters from the help dump
(thanks to Mat Williams for noticing this). These paramters have
been deprecated for quite a long time.

--
Paul L Daniels - PLD Software - Xamime
Unix systems Internet Development A.B.N. 19 500 721 806