Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Andy
Rancid and Netscalers [ In reply to ]
Andy Litzinger wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm having trouble using the netscaler code for rancid. Has anyone had
> any success with it, especially with some of the newer nescaler code? I
> have my .cloginrc line set up similar to:
>
> add user netscaler.foo.com nsroot
> #note that I only supplied a vty password because netscaler is FreeBSD
> based and does not use enable
> add password netscaler.foo.com password
> add method netscaler.foo.com ssh
>
> router.db
> netscaler.foo.com:netscaler:up
>
> When I test with nslogin netscaler.foo.com it connects to the netscaler
> and logs in(you get the login message and prompt >), but then you can't
> enter any commands and eventually the expect script times out and
> disconnects. I'm not sure what the expect script is trying to do at
> this point.

Wild-ass-guess: sounds like it's not recognizing the prompt, so the
logic doesn't continue (to recognize command output if you type it in,
or type commands in for you if you're '-c' ing).

> I believe some of the netscaler commands may have changed in recent
> versions and I'm not sure when the nslogin/nsrancid scripts were last
> tested. FYI I am running NS5.2 Build 50.17.

Did this 'use to' work? Has the prompt (format) changed (in recent
software releases)? I don't have a netscaler so I can't help much more
than that, sorry.

-andrew