--
Fixing Unix is easier than living with NT.
Jonathan Gilpin
nlogin issues [ In reply to ]
joshua sahala wrote:

>hello all,
>
>i'm having some issues getting 2.3 to login to my netscreens - it fails
>telling me to check my password. however, the nlogin from qorbit works
>just fine...so i was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. i'm
>going to start going through both scripts to try and figure out where the
>2.3 version breaks (if someone hasn't already done so).
>
>i'll submit a patch if/when i get it
>
>/joshua

Joshua,
There's a couple of things that could be going on here related to the
username/password fields. Is it the enable password, or the user
password, that is failing?. Would you mind sharing (to
rancid at shrubbery.net if you like) the .cloginrc entries you have for the
firewall (password obscured, but otherwise syntax intact) and an output
dump so I help you track it down further? Also, does the username
getting echoed back correctly (as far as you can tell?).

cheers,
-afort
nlogin issues [ In reply to ]
On (16/03/04 21:58), Andrew Fort wrote:

> Is it the enable password, or the user password, that is failing?.

#### the 2.3 nlogin ####
rancid at loki: rancid$ nlogin fw01.fch1
fw01.fch1
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l admin fw01.fch1
secadmin at fw01.fch1's password:
Permission denied, please try again.

Error: Check your passwd for fw01.fch1

#### the qorbit nlogin ####
rancid at loki: rancid$ src/nrancid/nlogin fw01.fch1
fw01.fch1
spawn ssh -c 3des -x -l admin fw01.fch1
secadmin at fw01.fch1's password:
This computer system is mine - GO AWAY!!!!
fw01.fch1->

> Would you mind sharing (to rancid at shrubbery.net if you like) the
> .cloginrc entries you have for the > firewall (password obscured,
> but otherwise syntax intact)

add user fw01.fch1 admin
add userpassword fw01.fch1 {!W at ntsl33p}
add password fw01.fch1 {!W at ntsl33p}
add method fw01.fch1 ssh
#add noenable fw01.fch1

> and an output dump so I help you track it down further?

what other output would be useful to you?

> Also, does the username getting echoed back correctly (as far as
> you can tell?).

yes - see above

thanks

/joshua