sometimes? If so I guess an extra check is needed to see if the next line is
the prompt line and to continue if so.

-- Niels
Rancid problem with 'WARNING' in 'show version' [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:19:09PM +0100, Niels den Otter wrote:
> Rancid (version 2.2.2) doesn't appear to handle lines that start with
> 'WARNING' during 'show version' well. Code says the following:
>
> # The line after the WARNING is what to do about it.
> $_ = <INPUT>; tr/\015//d;
> ProcessHistory("COMMENTS","keysort","I1","! $_");

We removed this bit of code from the upcoming rancid 2.3 since cisco
keeps mucking with it.

See this message from yesterday on this same subject:
From: john heasley <heas at shrubbery.net>
To: Forier Zhang <fzhang at cisco.com>
Cc: rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
Subject: Re: bug report---- missed cmd(s): show install active

--asp
Rancid problem with 'WARNING' in 'show version' [ In reply to ]
Andrew,

On Thursday, 30 October 2003, Andrew Partan wrote:
> We removed this bit of code from the upcoming rancid 2.3 since cisco keeps
> mucking with it.
>
> See this message from yesterday on this same subject:
> From: john heasley <heas at shrubbery.net>
> To: Forier Zhang <fzhang at cisco.com>
> Cc: rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
> Subject: Re: bug report---- missed cmd(s): show install active

I have missed that e-mail. Thanks for the quick response (and fix).

-- Niels
Rancid problem with 'WARNING' in 'show version' [ In reply to ]
Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 10:39:19PM +0100, Niels den Otter:
> Andrew,
>
> On Thursday, 30 October 2003, Andrew Partan wrote:
> > We removed this bit of code from the upcoming rancid 2.3 since cisco keeps
> > mucking with it.
> >
> > See this message from yesterday on this same subject:
> > From: john heasley <heas at shrubbery.net>
> > To: Forier Zhang <fzhang at cisco.com>
> > Cc: rancid-discuss at shrubbery.net
> > Subject: Re: bug report---- missed cmd(s): show install active
>
> I have missed that e-mail. Thanks for the quick response (and fix).

I created a patch for this which will apply cleanly to 2.2.2. hope this
helps folks.

ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/pub/rancid/rancid-2.2.2.p3