Mailing List Archive

Riverstone Router
dear all :

have any one have experience on Riverstone Router ?

right now I already can succeed use riverstone network
modify login script
http://www.nmops.org/download/scripts/rslogin to login my
router like :

rancid at kevin-debian:~$ ./rslogin 10.8.20.254
10.8.20.254
spawn telnet 10.8.20.254
Trying 10.8.20.254...
Connected to 10.8.20.254.
Escape character is '^]'.
5SSRM/5C105 System Software, Version E9.0.3.0
Copyright (c) 2002 Enterasys Networks
System started on 2003-03-07 00:30:47

Press RETURN to activate console . . .

Password:
KGEX-HQ-E5> enable
Password:
KGEX-HQ-E5#
KGEX-HQ-E5#

I need help on how to setup unsupport router no router.db ?

thank you !
Riverstone Router [ In reply to ]
riverstone is (will be) in 2.3 (which my slow butt is holding up).
you can try this eft image.

ftp://ftp.shrubbery.net/outgoing/rancid-2.3.eft.tar.gz

Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 11:58:32AM +0800, PDS-Kevin Chan-???q??:

Riverstone Router [ In reply to ]
I've been planning on writing a module for Enterasys hardware for a while
now. I started to a while back but got side tracked. I have a plethora
of goods to try it on. I'm fairly new to rancid though.

Justin

Riverstone Router [ In reply to ]
if they provide a resonably consistent CLI, then it is possible.

Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 01:06:07PM -0500, listuser at numbnuts.net:

Riverstone Router [ In reply to ]
Their router OS's CLI would be quite familar to anyone familar with
Cisco's IOS. The verb and noun have been switched to stave off Cisco
lawsuit threats for using something similar to their CLI. Other than that
it's quite close to the feel of IOS. You won't get anything out of their
swtiches though. They are all menu driven. I never have been able to
work out and expect script to manipulate it. Their different switch
families have different interfaces as well. The ELS/VH line is a far cry
different from their 2/5/6/9000 line. The new E1 series is supposed to be
different yet. IIRC it has a CLI though. I have numerous firmware
releases I can load onto a router for testing too if needed.