Mailing List Archive

Problem with Dell S4148F-ON
Hello,

I'm trying to integrate Dell switching S4148F-ON (Dell EMC Networking OS10 Enterprise) but whatever type I'm choosing I have error.

With force10 type (alias to dnos9)

rancid@vm:~$ NOPIPE=yes rancid -d -t force10 switch1
loadtype: device type force10
loadtype: found device type force10 at /etc/rancid/rancid.types.base:535
loadtype: found device type force10 aliased to dnos9
loadtype: device type dnos9
loadtype: found device type dnos9 at /etc/rancid/rancid.types.base:415
executing clogin -t 90 -c"show version;show bootvar;dir flash:;dir slot0:;show chassis;show system;show inventory;show vlan;show running" switch1
PROMPT MATCH: switch1#
HIT COMMAND:switch1# show version
In ShowVersion: switch1# show version
HIT COMMAND:switch1# dir flash:
In DirSlotN: switch1# dir flash:
HIT COMMAND:switch1# dir slot0:
In DirSlotN: switch1# dir slot0:
HIT COMMAND:switch1# show chassis
In ShowChassis: switch1# show chassis
HIT COMMAND:switch1# show system
In ShowChassis: switch1# show system
switch1: missed cmd(s): show bootvar, show inventory, show vlan
switch1: End of run not found
switch1: clean_run is false
switch1: found_end is false

With dnos10:

rancid@vm:~$ NOPIPE=yes rancid -d -t dnos10 switch1
loadtype: device type dnos10
loadtype: found device type dnos10 at /etc/rancid/rancid.types.base:432
executing hlogin -t 90 -c"terminal length 0;show system;show version;show inventory;show inventory media;show vlan;show running-configuration" switch1
switch1 hlogin error: Error: ssh failed: couldn't execute "hpuifilter": no such file or directory
switch1 hlogin error: Error: ssh failed: couldn't execute "hpuifilter": no such file or directory
switch1: missed cmd(s): all commands
switch1: End of run not found
switch1: clean_run is false
switch1: found_end is false

I'm not an expert but I can try some tweak if you have an idea.
Re: Problem with Dell S4148F-ON [ In reply to ]
Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 10:39:29AM +0000, michael gauthier:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to integrate Dell switching S4148F-ON (Dell EMC Networking OS10 Enterprise) but whatever type I'm choosing I have error.
>
> With dnos10:
>
> rancid@vm:~$ NOPIPE=yes rancid -d -t dnos10 switch1
> loadtype: device type dnos10
> loadtype: found device type dnos10 at /etc/rancid/rancid.types.base:432
> executing hlogin -t 90 -c"terminal length 0;show system;show version;show inventory;show inventory media;show vlan;show running-configuration" switch1
> switch1 hlogin error: Error: ssh failed: couldn't execute "hpuifilter": no such file or directory
> switch1 hlogin error: Error: ssh failed: couldn't execute "hpuifilter": no such file or directory
> switch1: missed cmd(s): all commands
> switch1: End of run not found
> switch1: clean_run is false
> switch1: found_end is false
>
> I'm not an expert but I can try some tweak if you have an idea.

dnos10 is what I would expect to use, not to say that the other type would
not work, but I do not have much experience with dnos.

however, the hlogin error is definitely a problem for your test. You must
ensure that the location of hpuifilter is in your shell's PATH; rancid
inherits this from its parent. If spawned by rancid-run, it will have
read the rancid.conf, which sets PATH appropriately; you can do that too:
. /path/to/rancid.conf
rancid -d ....

Re: Problem with Dell S4148F-ON [ In reply to ]
Thanks for your help.

Location of hpuifilter
/usr/lib/rancid/bin/hpuifilter

Extract of rancid.conf
PATH=/usr/lib/rancid/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/local/bin; export PATH