[rancid@nsgv-prod-59 ~]$ clogin -V
rancid 3.4.1
[rancid@nsgv-prod-59 ~]$

[signature_1593189312]

Weylin Piegorsch | Manager, Network Engineering
Boston University Information Services & Technology
weylin@bu.edu<mailto:weylin@bu.edu> | 617.353.8128 | bu.edu/tech<http://www.bu.edu/tech>
Listen. Learn. Lead.
Re: Unable to Login via clogin [ In reply to ]
In case your password has non-alphanumeric characters in it, try enclosing
the variable substitution on the shell in single or double quotes. You can
rule out if that is your issue by temporarily setting the password to just
a random string of only alphanumeric [A-Za-z0-9]. In my experience
passwords with all kinds of characters will be properly quoted and used by
clogin when they are set in {} inside .cloginrc .
-andreas

Re: Unable to Login via clogin [ In reply to ]
what happens if you try this from the cmd line?
ssh -2 -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o
LogLevel=ERROR -c
aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr,aes128-cbc,3des-cbc,aes192-cbc,aes256-cbc
-x -l weylin my-switch

maybe add a couple of -v to get debug data.

Re: Unable to Login via clogin [ In reply to ]
add debugging to the clogin script

Re: Unable to Login via clogin [ In reply to ]
Thu, May 04, 2023 at 12:53:22PM +0000, Piegorsch, Weylin William:
> Good question, I’m not claiming to be expert on reading the output but I’m not seeing anything glaring. It’s almost like clogin isn’t using my password

if you privately share your cloginrc with me, I'll help you debug it:
clogin -m <hostname>
and redact the passwords.