*Senior Systems Engineer*

Tel: 0860 000 365 | Cell: 0724635400

hanan.barlevy@three6five.com | www.three6five.com

<https://twitter.com/t6f>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/three6five-network-solutions>
<https://www.facebook.com/three6five-IP-Network-Solutions-and-Technologies-164757907064115/>
<https://instagram.com/three6five_sa/>
[image: three6five]
Re: Rancid and HP procurve [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Hanan Barlevy (Thu 2018-02-15 14:50:50 +0200) :
> I am using the latest rancid and i was wondering if its compatible with HP
> procurve switches.

Works fine for me with:

J4899B 2650
J4899C 2650
J4900A 2626
J4900B 2626
J4903A 2824
J9019A 2510-24
J9019B 2510B-24
J9020A 2510-48
J9021A 2810-24G
J9022A 2810-48G
J9145A 2910al-24G
J9279A 2510G-24
J9280A 2510G-48
J9772A 2530-48G-PoEP
J9775A 2530-48G
J9778A 2530-48-PoEP
J9779A 2530-24-PoEP
J9780A 2530-8-PoEP

By the way: thanks a lot heasley and other contributors for this great
software.

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs Resp. Réseau/Sécurité
Observatoire de Paris ? +33 1 45 07 75 54

Re: Rancid and HP procurve [ In reply to ]
Yes it is. There's an issue with previous versions of rancid with the
hpuifilter that would cause hpuifilter to crash (segfault) after enable
owing to the *expletive* expansive and stupid overuse of ANSI characters
on aruba console, but its fixed with latest. It would cause the switch
to run out of sessions so you couldn't remote login in anymore. I have
an open case with HP about this right now as a DOS and I even sent them
an expect script to reproduce but they continue to ask silly questions
about versions of ssh that are irrelevent.

On 2/15/2018 7:50 AM, Hanan Barlevy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the latest rancid and i was wondering if its compatible
> with HP procurve switches.
>
> Looking though the posts i am getting mixed opinions...
>
> --
> Hanan Barlevy
>
> /Senior Systems Engineer/
>
> Tel: 0860 000 365 | Cell: 0724635400
>
> hanan.barlevy@three6five.com
> <mailto:hanan.barlevy@three6five.com> | www.three6five.com
> <http://www.three6five.com/
>
> <https://twitter.com/t6f>     <https://www.linkedin.com/company/three6five-network-solutions>     <https://www.facebook.com/three6five-IP-Network-Solutions-and-Technologies-164757907064115/>     <https://instagram.com/three6five_sa/>
>
> three6five

Doug Hughes
Keystone NAP
Fairless Hills, PA
1.844.KEYBLOCK (539.2562)
Re: Rancid and HP procurve [ In reply to ]
Hi!

Interesting! We got some of these models but did not notice a session
problem.
We are pulling configs every 5 mins. How often do you get these problems?

Kind regards,
Kevin

Re: Rancid and HP procurve [ In reply to ]
To be clear, the problem doesn't exist in 3.8, but the 3.4.1 hpuifilter
causes a DOS on 2920 switch, but it's the switch's fault.

On 2/15/2018 9:14 AM, Kevin Olbrich wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Interesting! We got some of these models but did not notice a session
> problem.
> We are pulling configs every 5 mins. How often do you get these problems?
>
> Kind regards,
> Kevin

> <mailto:doug.hughes@keystonenap.com>>:
>
> Yes it is. There's an issue with previous versions of rancid with
> the hpuifilter that would cause hpuifilter to crash (segfault)
> after enable owing to the *expletive* expansive and stupid overuse
> of ANSI characters on aruba console, but its fixed with latest. It
> would cause the switch to run out of sessions so you couldn't
> remote login in anymore. I have an open case with HP about this
> right now as a DOS and I even sent them an expect script to
> reproduce but they continue to ask silly questions about versions
> of ssh that are irrelevent.

> On 2/15/2018 7:50 AM, Hanan Barlevy wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using the latest rancid and i was wondering if its
>> compatible with HP procurve switches.
>>
>> Looking though the posts i am getting mixed opinions...
>>
>> --
>> Hanan Barlevy
>>
>> /Senior Systems Engineer/
>>
>> Tel: 0860 000 365 | Cell: 0724635400
>>
>> hanan.barlevy@three6five.com
>> <mailto:hanan.barlevy@three6five.com> | www.three6five.com
>> <http://www.three6five.com/
>>
>> <https://twitter.com/t6f>     <https://www.linkedin.com/company/three6five-network-solutions>     <https://www.facebook.com/three6five-IP-Network-Solutions-and-Technologies-164757907064115/>     <https://instagram.com/three6five_sa/>
>>
>> three6five

> Doug Hughes
> Keystone NAP
> Fairless Hills, PA
> 1.844.KEYBLOCK (539.2562)

Doug Hughes
Keystone NAP
Fairless Hills, PA
1.844.KEYBLOCK (539.2562)
Re: Rancid and HP procurve [ In reply to ]
Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 02:51:33PM +0100, Emmanuel Halbwachs:
> J9780A 2530-8-PoEP

thanks for the list.

> By the way: thanks a lot heasley and other contributors for this great
> software.

Bienvenue.

> Observatoire de Paris

hey, in use at the Observatory - that's cool.