Mailing List Archive

Juniper switches and firewall
I just installed a new version of RANCiD 3.x on FreeBSD 11.1.  I've almost got everything working.
I am getting the following errors:
Could not open /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf: No such file or directory at /usr/local/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe line 68.Could not open /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf: No such file or directory at /usr/local/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe line 68.Could not open /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf: No such file or directory at /usr/local/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe line 68.Could not open /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf: No such file or directory at /usr/local/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe line 68.Could not open /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf: No such file or directory at /usr/local/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe line 68.Could not open /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf: No such file or directory at /usr/local/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe line 68.Could not open /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf: No such file or directory at /usr/local/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe line 68.Could not open /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf: No such file or directory at /usr/local/libexec/rancid/rancid-fe line 68.juniper-srx: missed cmd(s): all commandsjuniper-srx: End of run not foundjuniper-srx jlogin error: Error: Couldn't login#ERROR: juniper-srx configuration appears truncated.ERROR: juniper-srx configuration appears truncated.juniper-srx: missed cmd(s): show configuration access, show configuration applications, show configuration bridge-domains, show configuration chassis, show configuration class-of-service, show configuration ethernet-switching-options, show configuration event-options, show configuration firewall, show configuration forwarding-options, show configuration interfaces, show configuration protocols, show configuration routing-instances, show configuration routing-options, show configuration security, show configuration services, show configuration smtp, show configuration snmp, show configuration switch-options, show configuration systemjuniper-srx: End of run not found{primary:node1}juniper-srx: missed cmd(s): show configuration access, show configuration applications, show configuration bridge-domains, show configuration chassis, show configuration class-of-service, show configuration ethernet-switching-options, show configuration event-options, show configuration firewall, show configuration forwarding-options, show configuration interfaces, show configuration protocols, show configuration routing-instances, show configuration routing-options, show configuration security, show configuration services, show configuration smtp, show configuration snmp, show configuration switch-options, show configuration systemjuniper-srx: End of run not found
I'm not sure what the issue, unless there is problem within the script.  Still researching the issue, but figured I would ask the mailing list.
Thank you,Andrew
Re: Juniper switches and firewall [ In reply to ]
this looks like a bug in the freebsd package - rancid.types.conf is not
included. This isn't terminal though.

You have two options:

> 1. touch /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf
> 2. wget -O /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf http://rancid.shrubbery.net/rancid/svn/rancid/trunk/rancid/etc/rancid.types.conf

It would probably be a good idea to alert the package maintainer about
this, or file a bug in FreeBSD bugzilla.

Nick

Re: Juniper switches and firewall [ In reply to ]
Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 05:04:31PM +0000, Nick Hilliard:
> this looks like a bug in the freebsd package - rancid.types.conf is not
> included. This isn't terminal though.
>
> You have two options:
>
> > 1. touch /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf
> > 2. wget -O /usr/local/etc/rancid/rancid.types.conf http://rancid.shrubbery.net/rancid/svn/rancid/trunk/rancid/etc/rancid.types.conf
>
> It would probably be a good idea to alert the package maintainer about
> this, or file a bug in FreeBSD bugzilla.

an empty file will suffice; there are device examples the file.

Re: Juniper switches and firewall [ In reply to ]
Touched the file.  Still getting the errors.

Re: Juniper switches and firewall [ In reply to ]
Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 06:43:23PM +0000, Andrew Meyer:
> Touched the file.? Still getting the errors.

are you sure the error(s) are the same? share them.

Re: Juniper switches and firewall [ In reply to ]
Sorry about that:

Getting missed routers: round 4.
juniper-srx: missed cmd(s): all commands
juniper-srx: End of run not found
juniper-srx jlogin error: Error: Couldn't login
#
ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
F5: End of run not found
/bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.
F5: End of run not found
/bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.
ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
F5: End of run not found
/bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.
unknown router manufacturer for brocade-switch: vdx
[...]
{primary:node0}
juniper-srx: missed cmd(s): show configuration access, show configuration applications, show configuration bridge-domains, show configuration chassis, show configuration class-of-service, show configuration ethernet-switching-options, show configuration event-options, show configuration firewall, show configuration forwarding-options, show configuration interfaces, show configuration protocols, show configuration routing-instances, show configuration routing-options, show configuration security, show configuration services, show configuration smtp, show configuration snmp, show configuration switch-options, show configuration system
juniper-srx: End of run not found
{primary:node1}

[master 342df7a] updates
To /usr/local/var/rancid/GIT/NetworkDevices
5fb875b..342df7a master -> master

ending: Mon Feb 5 06:05:28 CST 2018
$

Re: Juniper switches and firewall [ In reply to ]
Mon, Feb 05, 2018 at 08:03:55PM +0000, Andrew Meyer:
> Sorry about that:
>
> Getting missed routers: round 4.
> juniper-srx: missed cmd(s): all commands
> juniper-srx: End of run not found
> juniper-srx jlogin error: Error: Couldn't login

self explanatory

> #
> ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
> ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
> F5: End of run not found
> /bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.
> F5: End of run not found
> /bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.
> ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
> ERROR: F5 configuration appears truncated.
> F5: End of run not found
> /bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.

there are is a separate type for the newer f5s. see rancid.types.base.

> unknown router manufacturer for brocade-switch: vdx
> unknown router manufacturer for brocade-switch: vdx
> unknown router manufacturer for brocade-switch: vdx
> unknown router manufacturer for brocade-switch: vdx
> F5: End of run not found

there is no device type vdx; you must have added it and will need to
replace it in rancid.types.conf. or one of the types that come with
ranicd might work - see rancid.types.base

> /bin/bigpipe: bigpipe is no longer supported; please use tmsh.
> ERROR: juniper-srx configuration appears truncated.
> juniper-srx: missed cmd(s): show configuration access, show configuration applications, show configuration bridge-domains, show configuration chassis, show configuration class-of-service, show configuration ethernet-switching-options, show configuration event-options, show configuration firewall, show configuration forwarding-options, show configuration interfaces, show configuration protocols, show configuration routing-instances, show configuration routing-options, show configuration security, show configuration services, show configuration smtp, show configuration snmp, show configuration switch-options, show configuration system
> juniper-srx: End of run not found
> {primary:node1}
> ERROR: juniper-srx configuration appears truncated.
> ERROR: juniper-srx configuration appears truncated.

no idea; see the debugging methods in the rancid FAQ.

Re: Juniper switches and firewall [ In reply to ]
Oops.  Lots of thing going on today.
the VDX is actually for brocade.  I'll continue to test the srx devices.
Thank you!