Mailing List Archive

MULTIPLE ZEBRA INSTANCES
I'm trying to run quagga on mininet because I need OSPF.
From what I've understood I need a zebra instance and an ospfd instance
on each switch; since everything is running on the same machine, how do
I configure each ospf daemon to talk with a difference instance of zebra?

I have another question, what's the meaning of the interface in the
zebra configuration file?

Re: MULTIPLE ZEBRA INSTANCES [ In reply to ]
use different ports
use virtual interfaces or seperate real ones

?????? 10 ????? 2017 19:52,? "Alessandro Gaballo" <alessandrogbl@live.com>
???:

Re: MULTIPLE ZEBRA INSTANCES [ In reply to ]
Den 2017-10-10 kl. 18:45, skrev Alessandro Gaballo:
> I'm trying to run quagga on mininet because I need OSPF.
> From what I've understood I need a zebra instance and an ospfd instance
> on each switch; since everything is running on the same machine, how do
> I configure each ospf daemon to talk with a difference instance of zebra?
>
> I have another question, what's the meaning of the interface in the
> zebra configuration file?

As the walkthrough says mininet should be able to use containers but
currently not doing that. See last part of:
http://mininet.org/walkthrough/#interact-with-hosts-and-switches

But. There is a version of mininet that supports PID namespaces and
hence makes it possible to use conatiners. It's somewhat a bit old
though. It's supported up to mininet 2.1.0.

https://github.com/sk2/mininet-extreme

https://github.com/sk2/mininet-extreme/tree/master/examples#quaggapy

regards,

--
/bengan

Re: MULTIPLE ZEBRA INSTANCES [ In reply to ]
mentioning containers... if you use FreeBSD, use VNET jails would
accomplish the task perfectly for you.

Sami

?????? 12 ????? 2017 09:39 AM,? "Bengt Gördén" <bengan@bag.org> ???:

Re: MULTIPLE ZEBRA INSTANCES [ In reply to ]
Sorry for the late answer, I was traveling.
I'm using miniNext at the moment, it's the most recent version of
mininet extreme and I'm trying to run the example by just using ospf
instead of bgp.

I activated the daemon in the daemons file and I set up this simple
configuration for each of the routers with the loopback address:

router ospf
    network 10.0.1.0/24 area 0

When I analyze traffic no ospf packets are exchanged, could you help me?