Mailing List Archive

Problem with Init/DROther
Hi Guys,

I'm using many Raspberry Pi's with Quagga to build a big Network.
I have sometimes the Problem that ospfd does stuck in the init state oft he connection.

->> zebra.conf (https://pastebin.com/uDhwthwq) <<--
->> ospfd.conf (https://pastebin.com/w5fRKKXL) <<--

Ifconfig (https://pastebin.com/m6XHB2as)
Openvpn config (https://pastebin.com/cJmPF77n)

cat /etc/sysctl.conf (https://pastebin.com/LyQJjms1)

tcpdumi -i vpn-interface (https://pastebin.com/KqwEZiyA)

show ip ospf <interface / database / others> (https://pastebin.com/azEpak2b)

I don`t get the problem, cause it is not everytime. Sometimes is goes away with the time but this is
Not an solution. I would be very pleased if someone could help me...

Mit freundlichen Gr??en
Niclas M?ller
M?ller + Wollnowski GbR

[cid:image005.png@01D1F7FF.71E529A0]

FON +49 (231) 58 69 564 - 6
FAX +49 (231) 58 69 564 - 8
MOB +49 (176) 35 41 8735
Re: Problem with Init/DROther [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 10 Aug 2017, Niclas M?ller wrote:

> I don`t get the problem, cause it is not everytime. Sometimes is goes
> away with the time but this is Not an solution. I would be very pleased
> if someone could help me...

One problem that can cause this is MTU blackhole (1500 byte packets are
dropped, for instance 1480 or 1460 packets are not).

Try adding "fragment 1400" to your OpenVPN configuration and see if that
helps.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson email: swmike@swm.pp.se
Re: Problem with Init/DROther [ In reply to ]
I've changed the mtu size of my ovpn config to 1440 and added fragment 1400 on client and server, but without any help.
Problems is not solved. I was thinking about the fact that i do have only interfaces that could be shutdown. From my CCNA i have an clue that it could be nessesary to have an lo0 interface in the ospf process that can not be shutdowned ?

Mit freundlichen Gr??en
Niclas M?ller
M?ller + Wollnowski GbR
?

?

Re: Problem with Init/DROther [ In reply to ]
I've found something.

14:15:25.434021 IP (tos 0xc0, ttl 1, id 14445, offset 0, flags [none], proto OSPF (89), length 68)
10.255.240.45 > ospf-all.mcast.net: OSPFv2, Hello, length 48
Router-ID 10.0.17.253, Backbone Area, Authentication Type: none (0)
Options [External]
Hello Timer 1s, Dead Timer 3s, Mask 0.0.0.0, Priority 1
Neighbor List: <-----------
10.255.240.0
14:15:25.665733 IP (tos 0xc0, ttl 1, id 18804, offset 0, flags [none], proto OSPF (89), length 64)
10.255.240.44 > ospf-all.mcast.net: OSPFv2, Hello, length 44
Router-ID 10.255.240.0, Backbone Area, Authentication Type: none (0)
Options [External]
Hello Timer 1s, Dead Timer 3s, Mask 0.0.0.0, Priority 1

The Site Router does recognice the neighbour in the neighbor list, but not the Datacenter Router the Site Router??

Mit freundlichen Gr??en
Niclas M?ller
M?ller + Wollnowski GbR
?