Mailing List Archive

Problem compiling 1.2.0
HI

I am moving this separate from the BGP thread I had.

I am trying to compile Quagga 1.2.0 on a Slakeware (14.1)

However I am getting:

--

checking whether system has GNU regex... checking for regexec in
-lc... yes

No package 'libcares' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables CARES_CFLAGS
and CARES_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

----

This is with Slakeware 14.1 (it also seems to fail on 14.1)

I have compiled / installed libcares but this has not as yet helped...
Open to suggestions on what I am missing ...

Thanks in advance

Richard Palmer | Director | Merula Limited
Company Registered in England and Wales No. 3243995
5 Avro Court, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6XS
Phone 01480 222940 | Support 0845 330 0666
Support Email support@merula.net
Re: Problem compiling 1.2.0 [ In reply to ]
I ran into this same thing on Ubuntu 14.0.4. I fixed it by doing:

# apt-get install libc-ares-dev

After installing the libc-ares-dev package, the quagga configure
command worked fine.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Support Email support@merula.net<mailto:support@merula.net>
Re: Problem compiling 1.2.0 [ In reply to ]
I downloaded from source (this is slackware so no packages)

What I need to know is what Quagga is looking for and we can then make
sure it is there :)

Re: Problem compiling 1.2.0 [ In reply to ]
Just trying to help.

As another clue, you may need to type “ldconfig” after you install
the libcares library. At least that is sometimes needed on Ubuntu;
don’t know about slackware.

Fred

Re: Problem compiling 1.2.0 [ In reply to ]
Hi Richard,
this should work:

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/c-ares/lib/pkgconfig/ ./configure

Change the cares path to your specific installation.

Regards,
Luca