Mailing List Archive

Wi-Fi Routes not being propagated
Hello,

I am running zebra and ospf6d on my machine. When I plug in a Wi-Fi adapter to act as an access point, a new subnet is created but the network is not being sent to the other routers on my wan. The result is any PC that connects to this access point can only reach the local subnet. Here are the configuration files of my machine:

Zebra.conf

!
!
!hostname Router
password zebra
enable password zebra
!
! Interface's description.
interface eth0
multicast
no ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface eth1
multicast
no ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface eth2
multicast
no ipv6 nd suppress-ra
ipv6 nd prefix 2001:0DB8:5009::/64
!
interface usb0
multicast
no ipv6 nd suppress-ra
ipv6 nd prefix 2001:0DB8:5009::/64
!
interface usb1
multicast
no ipv6 nd suppress-ra
!
interface wlan0
multicast
no ipv6 nd suppress-ra
ipv6 nd prefix 2001:0DB8:5009::/64
!
!interface lo
! description test of desc.
!
log file /var/log/zebra.log
!
line vty
!

Ospf6d.conf

!
!
!hostname ospf6d
password zebra
log stdout
log file /var/log/ospf6d.log
!
!enable password please-set-it-here
!
interface eth0
!
interface eth1
!
interface eth2
!
interface wlan0
!
! Enabling OSPF on usb0
interface usb0
!
! Enabling OSPF on usb1
interface usb1
!
router ospf6
router-id 0.0.0.1
interface eth0 area 0.0.0.0
interface eth1 area 0.0.0.0
interface eth2 area 0.0.0.0
interface usb0 area 0.0.0.0
interface usb1 area 0.0.0.0
!
line vty
!

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Tim Potter
Re: Wi-Fi Routes not being propagated [ In reply to ]
On Feb 16, 2017, at 6:28 AM, Potter, Timothy UTC CCS <Timothy.Potter@fs.utc.com> wrote:
> I am running zebra and ospf6d on my machine. When I plug in a Wi-Fi adapter to act as an access point, a new subnet is created but the network is not being sent to the other routers on my wan. The result is any PC that connects to this access point can only reach the local subnet. Here are the configuration files of my machine:

Well, I mostly speak the Vyatta/Vyos dialect of Quagga, but:

> Ospf6d.conf
> [...]
> router ospf6
> router-id 0.0.0.1