Mailing List Archive

Conditional announce of default route
Hello to the Quagga community!

I'm trying to configure the conditional announcing of the default-route
in a failover system with two border routers each running BGP to the ISP
(and iBGP between them) and OSPF with the internal routers.

I've tried several configurations without success (for IPv4) to make the
default route generated by OSPF do disappear when I don't received the
default route from the ISP in some of the routers. This behaviour will
force the traffic to follow the alternative path using the "backup" router.

The redistribution of the default route from BGP to OSPF doesn't
generate any route (some literature says it's meant to be that way to
avoid loops!), generating the default route with "default-information
originate metric 1000 metric-type 1 route-map ospf-defroute-originate"
have some inconsistent behaviour. Some matches always succeed others
always fail.
I've tried to match on tags, BGP communities, next-hop, addresses with
ACL and prefix-lists.

Can anyone tell me how can I do it?
Is there any way to convince BGP to export the default route and avoid
the use of "default-information"?
What is checked by the route-map associated with the
"default-information originate"?
What information (BGP attributes, tag, etc) is available to that check?
I just need to check by some means if the current default route (local
to the border router) was originated from the eBGP session.

Please note I have the problem solved in IPv6 between BGP and OSPFv3
using redistribution.

best regards.

--
Best regards,

Pedro Ribeiro
IPLNet, Redes de dados e comunicações
Departamento de Sistemas de Informação e Comunicações
Instituto Politécnico de Lisboa
Telefone: +351 210 464 701
VoIP: sip:80101@voip.ipl.pt