Mailing List Archive

Quagga & interface routes
We have a need to install an interface route in quagga to a multicast
interface. Using iproute2, the command would be:

# ip route add 8.8.8.8/32 via 192.168.1.1 dev mac2

(dev is the interface)-------------------?^^^^^^^

In quagga, we cannot specify both gateway & interface. Is this a ?can?t get
there from here? problem?

We have a need to support an unusual ISP setup in an International office
that does policy routing based on the source ip. We?ve attached dual NIC?s
to the same subnet connected to the ISP. We need outbound traffic to
specific destinations to source from a specific NIC. We?d like to accomplish
this from quagga (to centralize network config) and allow flexible IGP
announcements within our LAN.

Possible?

Thanks

Jim