Mailing List Archive

Re: Installation Quagga help
Bilou,

first of all, please post generic questions like these to Quagga-Users list
(cc’ed now) instead of emailing me or Paul directly. This helps to build
a good archive to search for answers and allows other people to help out as
well (I assume Paul is quite busy too)

Now to your question:

./configure has many options and the default config directory for
Quagga is /usr/local/etc/quagga unless you specify “--sysconfdir=/etc”

You should see the selected options at the end of ./configure run
(Look for “config file directory”. It’s the prefix before quagga)

There are many other options you may want to tune as well.

“make install” should create this specific directory, but you still
need to create a conf file for each daemon (or just an empty file
works as well). See sample files in the directory.

Hope this helps you further.

An easier choice would be to use pre-built packages for your system

Regards,
Martin Winter