Mailing List Archive

Matching a 32bit ASN + community in an access list
I’m building an overlay network and using 32bit ASN’s.

I’m tagging certain groups of networks with a community, but I can’t figure out how to pull them back out on another quagga instance.

At the ingress router, I have

route-map rm-tag-subnets-out permit 050
match ip address prefix-list pl-chandler-mni
set extcommunity rt 4200125501:10038

On the side where I want to pull only the routes with that community, this works for all routes (which is what I don’t want):

route-map rm-accept-routes permit 10
match extcommunity MNI

ip extcommunity-list standard MNI permit

But this chokes with an error (% Malformed community-list value)

route-map rm-accept-routes permit 10
match extcommunity MNI

ip extcommunity-list standard MNI permit 4200125501:10038

What am I doing wrong?

Also, if I want to match multiple communities, what’s the format? A permit sequence number increase in the route-map? The docs are a bit, uh, sparse.

Thanks for any assistance.

EKG