Mailing List Archive

Re: ripd (RIPv2): ignore packet comes from myself - not receiving multicast pkt
The zebra&ripd still not receving multicast pkt. :(

for the log in below mail, it seems that this msg is because of the router receiving the multicast pkt sent by itself...

However, it seems that the zebra & ripd does not receive multicast pkt in my case:
Linux1 ---> (routing response, multicast) ----> Linux2
I can see the pkt arrives at Linux2 but I can see neither zebra receives it nor routing table got update.

some facts:
- using RIPv1, it works
- using the "neighbor" to specify the other host in RIPv2, it works
(above are sending unicast pkt, so the other one can receive and handle it correctly.)

some config:
- 'no passive' at all interfaces
- 'multicast' is set and unset, both cases dont work

A finding:
- when I launch tcpdump at backgroud, it can receive multicast pkt!!! what does it mean? libcap?

Appreciate for anyone's help!

BRs,
Gwong Zau

Hi,

I have a problem using Quagga.
below is the topology:

10.10.10.0/24 192.168.1.0/24 10.10.11.0/24
zebra zebra
ripd (RIPv2) ripd (RIPv2)

zebra and ripd (RIPv2) is running on Linux1 and Linux2. The problem is that when they send(multicast) RIPv2 msg, their partner can receive it (by tcpdump), but both of them do not update their routing table. The ripd print out this error: "ignore packet comes from myself".

Configuration 'multicast' is set to enabled on each interface.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

BRs,
Gwong Zau