Mailing List Archive

"Multiple command installs to node 4 of command" when running vtysh after upgrade to version 1.1.0
Hello everybody,

I have upgrade my quagga version from 0.99.24.1 to 1.1.0.

When I type "vtysh" now it's appears the following messages:
----
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
list
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
exit
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
quit
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
terminal length <0-512>
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
terminal no length
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
show daemons
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
ping WORD
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
ping ip WORD
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
traceroute WORD
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
traceroute ip WORD
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
ping ipv6 WORD
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
traceroute ipv6 WORD
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
telnet WORD
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
telnet WORD PORT
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
ssh WORD
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
show memory
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
show work-queues
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
show work-queues (zebra|ripd|ripngd|ospfd|ospf6d|bgpd|isisd)
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
show thread cpu [FILTER]
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
show logging
Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
show ipv6 mroute vrf all

Hello, this is Quagga (version 1.1.0).
Copyright 1996-2005 Kunihiro Ishiguro, et al.
----------

This thing did not occured with the old release but it has begun only after
the upgrade of version (just running bgpd and zebra before and after
upgrade).

Is it possible to remove those lines ?

Thanks in advance.
MB
Re: "Multiple command installs to node 4 of command" when running vtysh after upgrade to version 1.1.0 [ In reply to ]
Hello,

Nobody help me?

Regards,
MB

Re: "Multiple command installs to node 4 of command" when running vtysh after upgrade to version 1.1.0 [ In reply to ]
did you completely de-install all components of the old version of
quagga before installing the new version?

Nick

Re: "Multiple command installs to node 4 of command" when running vtysh after upgrade to version 1.1.0 [ In reply to ]
Hello!
I've the same error....
Make uninstall is not present in 0.99.24.1
Make uninstall from 1.1.0 and then make install not solve the issue.

Any idea?

Regards

---
Sim

Re: "Multiple command installs to node 4 of command" when running vtysh after upgrade to version 1.1.0 [ In reply to ]
Sim wrote:
> Hello!
> I've the same error....
> Make uninstall is not present in 0.99.24.1
> Make uninstall from 1.1.0 and then make install not solve the issue.

If you're compiling from source, there's no uninstallation procedure.

If 0.99.24.1 came from a package, you need to make sure that the package
is fully uninstalled before attempting to install the newer version. If
you compiled 0.99.24.1 from source, then you'll need to manually delete
all the old components before attempting to install 1.1.0.

Nick

Re: "Multiple command installs to node 4 of command" when running vtysh after upgrade to version 1.1.0 [ In reply to ]
On 10/21/2016 11:07 AM, Nick Hilliard wrote:

> Sim wrote:
>> Hello! I've the same error.... Make uninstall is not present in
>> 0.99.24.1 Make uninstall from 1.1.0 and then make install not solve
>> the issue.
>
> If you're compiling from source, there's no uninstallation
> procedure.
>
> If 0.99.24.1 came from a package, you need to make sure that the
> package is fully uninstalled before attempting to install the newer
> version. If you compiled 0.99.24.1 from source, then you'll need to
> manually delete all the old components before attempting to install
> 1.1.0.

I'm also seeing this behaviour after building an RPM from the source,
then installing it via yum (CentOS 7). Update procedures of older
releases didn't show this issue.

> Nick

Timo

Re: "Multiple command installs to node 4 of command" when running vtysh after upgrade to version 1.1.0 [ In reply to ]
Hi!

> When I type "vtysh" now it's appears the following messages:
> ----
> Multiple command installs to node 4 of command:
> list
[...]

I see the same on FreeBSD from the ports (1.1.0_1).

--
pi@opsec.eu +49 171 3101372 4 years to go !

Re: "Multiple command installs to node 4 of command" when running vtysh after upgrade to version 1.1.0 [ In reply to ]
W dniu 2016-10-21 o 11:07, Nick Hilliard pisze:
> Sim wrote:
>> Hello!
>> I've the same error....
>> Make uninstall is not present in 0.99.24.1
>> Make uninstall from 1.1.0 and then make install not solve the issue.
> If you're compiling from source, there's no uninstallation procedure.
>
> If 0.99.24.1 came from a package, you need to make sure that the package
> is fully uninstalled before attempting to install the newer version. If
> you compiled 0.99.24.1 from source, then you'll need to manually delete
> all the old components before attempting to install 1.1.0.
>
> Nick

Hi Nick

No this is not a problem with uninstall/install

Any fresh install of quagga 1.1.0 produces this output with vtysh:

vtysh
[...]

This is on a fresh gentoo install without any other packages installed.

Regards

Paweł

Re: "Multiple command installs to node 4 of command" when running vtysh after upgrade to version 1.1.0 [ In reply to ]
Paweł Staszewski wrote:
> No this is not a problem with uninstall/install

mmm, you're right - this was introduced in commit #92193665. The
warning is harmless, but annoying.

Nick

Re: "Multiple command installs to node 4 of command" when running vtysh after upgrade to version 1.1.0 [ In reply to ]
Paweł Staszewski wrote:
> No this is not a problem with uninstall/install
>
> Any fresh install of quagga 1.1.0 produces this output with vtysh:

If you're compiling from source, this will get rid of the warning:

https://lists.quagga.net/pipermail/quagga-dev/2016-October/016480.html

Nick