Mailing List Archive

Need help in understanding redistribute code in ospfv3
Hello friends,
I am trying to understand redistribute code in ospfv3.
I know the concept, I am looking for the code level data staructures on where & how this redistributed route information is stored. Can some one please provide starting pointers or some explanations for it.

Regards
Nitin
Re: Need help in understanding redistribute code in ospfv3 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, nitin kakkar wrote:

> Hello friends,

> I am trying to understand redistribute code in ospfv3.

> I know the concept, I am looking for the code level data
> staructures on where & how this redistributed route information is
> stored. Can some one please provide starting pointers or some
> explanations for it.

Have you grepped for 'DEFUN.*redistribute' in the sources?

Essentially, ospf6d just asks zebra to redistribute the specified
protocol to it. zebra takes care of the rest. When zebra
redistributes route information, ospf6d receives these route updates
in ospf6_zebra_read_ipv6 and passes these off to the appropriate
ospf6_asbr_redistribute_{add/remove} function.

> Regards
> Nitin

regards,
--