Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Security list changes (Transparency?) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017, Paul Jakma wrote:

> I've noticed elsewhere that people seem to think NetDEF == Quagga. What have
> you been telling people at conferences?

I'd been waiting for you to announce your fork (and note, you can _not_
spam this list with marketing material on it; inc. 'heads up' stuff),
but that reminds me:

You need to fix your website(s) and other material where reasonable to
update references to the Quagga project so it is very clear Quagga is a
different thing to NetDEF, and acknowledge the trademark[1] legibly.
Where it's HTML, make "Quagga" go to https://www.quagga.net/ .

1. I registered that soon after I heard the first whispers of your
fork, after the David issue.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:

Re: Security list changes (Transparency?) [ In reply to ]
Anyway, let's draw a line under the past. You can have the last reply on
the past on those emails, as you wish.

Let's move on. I am thoroughly looking forward to not having these
discussions. To NetDEF and the like-minded being there, and me here.

If there's anything productive to discuss, e.g. what we rescue from the
dying embers in terms of technical co-ordination or testing, we can
discuss that.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:
I don't have an eating problem. I eat. I get fat. I buy new clothes.
No problem.

Re: Security list changes (Transparency?) [ In reply to ]
Den 2017-01-13 kl. 10:04, skrev Paul Jakma:

> I've noticed elsewhere that people seem to think NetDEF == Quagga.
> What have you been telling people at conferences?

Hi,

Just an observation. You were at the RIPE69 meeting, right? You were
registered as coming from NetDef. I for one thought that you were
affiliated with NetDef because of that. I hadn't noticed NetDef before
that and really thought you're a part of it. You also did the status
update for opensourcerouting.org at that meeting. Were you not part of
NetDef and opensourcerouting.org at that time?

ref.
https://ripe69.ripe.net/attend/attendee-list/
https://ripe69.ripe.net/presentations/85-ripe69-os-quagga-update.pdf

regards,

--
/bengan

Re: Security list changes (Transparency?) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017, Bengt G?rd?n wrote:

> Just an observation. You were at the RIPE69 meeting, right? You were
> registered as coming from NetDef. I for one thought that you were
> affiliated with NetDef because of that. I hadn't noticed NetDef before
> that and really thought you're a part of it. You also did the status
> update for opensourcerouting.org at that meeting. Were you not part of
> NetDef and opensourcerouting.org at that time?

> https://ripe69.ripe.net/attend/attendee-list/
> https://ripe69.ripe.net/presentations/85-ripe69-os-quagga-update.pdf

I was with NetDEF then yes, and that talk was given with my (then)
NetDEF hat on. The slide on OSRs' activities said "Supporting
maintainers" which is what it was doing (I thought both David and I were
working for NetDEF, but now I don't know who David worked for that year)
and I said its remit was to support open source routing.

All accurate at that time.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:
The greatest productive force is human selfishness.
-- Robert Heinlein
Re: Security list changes (Transparency?) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 13 Jan 2017, Paul Jakma wrote:

> All accurate at that time.

Oh, and Martin via OSR doing excellent testing work remains true. If one
inferred from my other email where I mentioned UKNOF34 in Glasgow (Sept
last year) that I was still recommending that work to people, one would
be correct.

Anyway, let Martin reply to what he feels he needs to, then draw a line,
go our separate ways, and restrict comms to whatever code co-operation
stuff is mutually agreeable.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma | paul@jakma.org | @pjakma | Key ID: 0xD86BF79464A2FF6A
Fortune:
If little else, the brain is an educational toy.
-- Tom Robbins

Re: Security list changes (Transparency?) [ In reply to ]
On 13 Jan 2017, at 16:16, Paul Jakma wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jan 2017, Paul Jakma wrote:
>
>> I've noticed elsewhere that people seem to think NetDEF == Quagga.
>> What have you been telling people at conferences?
>
> I'd been waiting for you to announce your fork (and note, you can
> _not_ spam this list with marketing material on it; inc. 'heads up'
> stuff), but that reminds me:
>
> You need to fix your website(s) and other material where reasonable to
> update references to the Quagga project so it is very clear Quagga is
> a different thing to NetDEF, and acknowledge the trademark[1] legibly.
> Where it's HTML, make "Quagga" go to https://www.quagga.net/ .
>
> 1. I registered that soon after I heard the first whispers of your
> fork, after the David issue.

No point to discuss this on the list. If there is a confusion at some
page, then please
let me know in a private email the specifics (i.e. where and maybe a
suggestion on how you
would like it changed) and I do my best to get it fixed.

I tried to make it clear in presentations and on the website that we are
just a contributor
like everyone else. Maybe I screwed up somewhere and I apologize for
this. Just asking for
a chance on getting it fixed.

- Martin