sendmail and other list managers like majordomo seem to prefer
owner-listname...

-Dustin
Re: Question... [ In reply to ]
Dustin Marquess:
> I was curious to know why qmail uses listname-owner while the
> new sendmail and other list managers like majordomo seem to prefer
> owner-listname...

For consistency.

Note that you can make an "owner" user (can't be an alias) which has a
.qmail-default like:

|/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject -a -f "$SENDER" -- "$EXT-owner@$HOST"

Now, you get owner-listname as well as listname-owner.

(Of course, this is one more thing to confuse log analysis, now you
get two log entries for everything going to owner-listname but only
one for those going directly to listname-owner. I'm not sure how best
to address this.)

--
Raul