paul

---------------------
paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma)
Re: where do i use "datemail"? [ In reply to ]
On 26 Feb, Paul Fox wrote:
> i think i know the answer to this, but the docs are scanty...
>
> currently my cron jobs are sending me mail with GMT dates. presumably
> cron is invoking /usr/lib/sendmail, which is a symlink to
> /var/qmail/bin/sendmail. should it be a link to "datemail" instead?

Yes: ln -s /var/qmail/bin/datemail /usr/sbin/sendmail

Works for me - I just wish qmail would deliver local mail in my
timezone too - I _hate_ seeing that the newest message received is 13
hours old - it really throws me until I remember I'm running qmail...

--
Jason Haar, Unix/Internet Support, Trimble Navigation New Zealand
Phone: +64 3 3391517 Fax: +64 3 3391417
Re: where do i use "datemail"? [ In reply to ]

Jason> On 26 Feb, Paul Fox wrote:
>> currently my cron jobs are sending me mail with GMT dates.
>> presumably cron is invoking /usr/lib/sendmail, which is a symlink
>> to /var/qmail/bin/sendmail. should it be a link to "datemail"
>> instead?

Jason> Yes: ln -s /var/qmail/bin/datemail /usr/sbin/sendmail

Only that datemail will put a date header into the mail regardless of
preexisting date headers.

Leo