Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Maildir [ In reply to ]

> > Thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions but still no
> > messages. I checked my logs and there is no activity. That's bad.
> > When I was using mbox types things were working fine. I'm thinking I
> > should go back to using that. Where can I change the mailbox type
> > back to mboxes?
> >

> Rob,
>
> Before you give up on Maildir,

<SNIP>

I would highly agree. The mbox file is a pain. If it gets corrupted,
you have to either fix it, or delete it. Then there is the
possibility of lock files not being released properly. Although I do
not run a huge mail server, I have had zero problems since moving to
qmail and maildirs. Sendmail worked fine, but had a glitch every so
often.

It is very nice to never have a problem with a mail server.

John Chapman
Re: Maildir [ In reply to ]

http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html
--