In general UNIX glob() seems a bit slow to me :)

Thanks,
Andi
Re: qmsmac performance [ In reply to ]
At 23:16 15/02/97 -0800, Greg Andrews wrote:
>I haven't looked at qmsmac, but I thought it simply converted
>an aliases file into a bunch of .qmail-* files in ~alias.
>(In other words, there'd be no difference at all)

From what I understood it creates a cdb file and uses this for alias
(doesn't make .qmail files)

About /etc you're right. But here we have a better choice. Between ~alias
and the cdb file :)

Andi
,,,
(o o)
==============================oOO==(_)==OOo===============================
Andi Gutmans - Computer Science, Israel Institute of Technology (Technion)

Email: andi@vipe.technion.ac.il Web: http://andi.rifkin.technion.ac.il
andi@actcom.co.il

Beta test Thrash - the first UNIX multithreaded shell
http://staff.netvision.net.il/~bourbon/thrash

For a PGP public key finger andi@vipe.technion.ac.il

.oooO Oooo.
==============================( )==( )================================
\ ( ) /
\_) (_/
Re: qmsmac performance [ In reply to ]
Re: qmsmac performance [ In reply to ]
Well I hope for you that the qmsmac feature doesn't reflect the answer.
It says "nothing!" :)
But I agree. It sounds nicer.

Andi

Re: qmsmac performance [ In reply to ]
At 16:25 16/02/97 +0200, Andi Gutmans wrote:
>Well I hope for you that the qmsmac feature doesn't reflect the answer.
^^^^^^^
supposed to be TODO file :)

Andi
Re: qmsmac performance [ In reply to ]