++ USt-IdNr. DE221033342
++ Geschäftsführer: Michael Brunnbauer, Franz Brunnbauer
++ Prokurist: Dipl. Kfm. (Univ.) Markus Hendel
Re: Makefiles need a clean target [ In reply to ]
Thus said Michael Brunnbauer on Fri, 01 Nov 2013 18:04:10 +0100:

> If the Makefile had a "clean" target, I would have used that instead
> of rm *.o.

rm `cat TARGETS`

has always worked for me.

Andy
--
TAI64 timestamp: 40000000527452ff
Re: Makefiles need a clean target [ In reply to ]
On Friday 01 Nov 2013 19:18:23 Andy Bradford wrote:
> Thus said Michael Brunnbauer on Fri, 01 Nov 2013 18:04:10 +0100:
> > If the Makefile had a "clean" target, I would have used that instead
> > of rm *.o.
>
> rm `cat TARGETS`
>
> has always worked for me.

me too - that's what DJB uses for his 'clean' target in those packages where
he's implemented it. In those that haven't I often add a clean target during
an install,

clean: \
TARGETS
rm -f `cat TARGETS`

You might like this link that I did a long time ago to fix errno and 'make
clean' annoyances for ucspi-tcp, mess822 and serialmail packages,

http://free.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/other.html#tidy

cheers,

Andrew.
* Custom email solutions * Systems Administration * Networking
http://www.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/qmail.html
Re: Makefiles need a clean target [ In reply to ]
Geachte heer, mevrouw,

Hartelijk dank voor uw e-mail. Binnen 2 werkdagen ontvangt u van ons een reactie op uw vraag of klacht.

Dit is een automatische ontvangstbevestiging. Wilt u meer informatie? Kijk dan op ING.nl of bel ons op 0900 0933 (10 cent per minuut). U kunt ons bereiken van maandag tot en met vrijdag van 8.00 uur tot 21.00 uur en op zaterdag van 9.00 tot 17.00 uur.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Klantenservice
ING Bank N.V

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.
RE: Makefiles need a clean target [ In reply to ]
Your email/fax has been received.

Your reference number is 1-27JUB4V.

Please quote this number if you need to contact us regarding your request.

Thank you for contacting the Queensland Newspapers Group.

Customers outside of Queensland during the period of daylight saving,
please contact QNP Classifieds on 132202 if you have not received
your proof/quote by your close of business.

Queensland Newspapers Group incorporates Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd
(ABN 61 009 661 778). This document and any following pages are intended
solely for the named addressee, are confidential and may contain legally privileged information. The copying or distribution of them or any information they contain
by any other than the addressee, is prohibited. If you have received this document
in error, please notify sender by reply e-mail, and then return it by mail to - 41 Campbell Street, Bowen Hills, Queensland, 4006.

On Friday 01 Nov 2013 19:18:23 Andy Bradford wrote:

> Thus said Michael Brunnbauer on Fri, 01 Nov 2013 18:04:10 +0100:

> > If the Makefile had a "clean" target, I would have used that instead

> > of rm *.o.

> rm `cat TARGETS`

> has always worked for me.

me too - that's what DJB uses for his 'clean' target in those packages where he's implemented it. In those that haven't I often add a clean target during an install,

clean: \

TARGETS

rm -f `cat TARGETS`

You might like this link that I did a long time ago to fix errno and 'make clean' annoyances for ucspi-tcp, mess822 and serialmail packages,

http://free.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/other.html#tidy

cheers,

Andrew.

* Custom email solutions * Systems Administration * Networking

http://www.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/qmail.html

This message and its attachments may contain legally privileged or confidential information.
It is intended solely for the named addressee. If you are not the addressee indicated in this
message or responsible for delivery of the message to the addressee, you may not copy or deliver
this message or its attachments to anyone. Rather, you should permanently delete this message
and its attachments and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail. Any content of this message
and its attachments which does not relate to the official business of the sending company must
be taken not to have been sent or endorsed by that company or any of its related entities. No
warranty is made that the e-mail or attachments are free from computer virus or other defect.