-mikep

--
My GPG key id: F57E3DA0
Re: User control file [ In reply to ]
> Hi,
> I am being flooded by mail sent to randomly generated usernames in my
> domain. Is there a control file that I could specify ONLY the addresses,
> both user AND domain that I would like qmail to accept and to reject
> everything else?
>
> I currently handle this with the .qmail-default alias just dropping the
> mail into the bit bucket but would prefer to just refuse to accept it
> and drop the connection. Can this be done with a control file?

You could just put an OpenBSD spamd box in front with the greyscanner
package and waste these spammers resources.

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)
Re: User control file [ In reply to ]
On 10/5/2012 4:01 PM, Michael Puckett wrote:
> I am being flooded by mail sent to randomly generated usernames in my
> domain. Is there a control file that I could specify ONLY the addresses,
> both user AND domain that I would like qmail to accept and to reject
> everything else?

no control file, but you can check out validrcptto from
http://qmail.jms1.net/patches/validrcptto.cdb.shtml

if you're using vpopmail, you can also look at chkusr or chkuser from
http://opensource.interazioni.it/qmail/chkuser.html

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./
Re: User control file [ In reply to ]
On Oct 5, 2012, at 2:29 PM, Jeremy Kister <qmail-09@jeremykister.com> wrote:

> On 10/5/2012 4:01 PM, Michael Puckett wrote:
>> I am being flooded by mail sent to randomly generated usernames in my
>> domain. Is there a control file that I could specify ONLY the addresses,
>> both user AND domain that I would like qmail to accept and to reject
>> everything else?
>
> no control file, but you can check out validrcptto from http://qmail.jms1.net/patches/validrcptto.cdb.shtml
>
> if you're using vpopmail, you can also look at chkusr or chkuser from http://opensource.interazioni.it/qmail/chkuser.html
>
> --
>
> Jeremy Kister
> http://jeremy.kister.net./

You could also look at the RECIPIENTS extension at http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/qmail.html##recipients.

Joe Zacky
User control file [ In reply to ]
Thanks everyone that responded to my request. Turns out that I long ago
installed the rcptcheck patch which was forgotten and I just needed to
tweak the recipient checking script to do what I wanted. It is working
great now.

Thanks again,

-mikep

--
My GPG key id: F57E3DA0
Re: User control file [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 06 October 2012 00:42:38 Joe Zacky wrote:
> On Oct 5, 2012, at 2:29 PM, Jeremy Kister <qmail-09@jeremykister.com> wrote:
> > On 10/5/2012 4:01 PM, Michael Puckett wrote:
> >> I am being flooded by mail sent to randomly generated usernames in my
> >> domain. Is there a control file that I could specify ONLY the addresses,
> >> both user AND domain that I would like qmail to accept and to reject
> >> everything else?
> >
> > no control file, but you can check out validrcptto from
> > http://qmail.jms1.net/patches/validrcptto.cdb.shtml
> >
> > if you're using vpopmail, you can also look at chkusr or chkuser from
> > http://opensource.interazioni.it/qmail/chkuser.html
>
> You could also look at the RECIPIENTS extension at
> http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/qmail.html##recipients.

Or qmail-verify,

http://free.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/qmail-verify.html

cheers,

Andrew.
* Custom email solutions * Systems Administration * Networking
http://www.acrconsulting.co.uk/email/qmail.html