Mailing List Archive

tcprules & cidr
> POP3 dictionary attacks -- change of bot strategy
>
> by Erwin Hoffmann

> Further, I will make a patch available against UCSPI-TCP enabling CIDR notation in the tcprules database.

I would like, as most of my ip ranges are in cidr format. If its avail,
then i'd like to try.
Re: tcprules & cidr [ In reply to ]
Hi,

it IS already available as part of Greetdelay patch for rblsmtpd.

Check it on http://www.fehcom.de/qmail.html

regards.
--eh.

--
Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de | PGP Key-Id: 7E4034BE
Re: tcprules & cidr [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM, qmail <qmail@gatworks.com> wrote:

> POP3 dictionary attacks -- change of bot strategy
>>
>> by Erwin Hoffmann

> Further, I will make a patch available against UCSPI-TCP enabling CIDR
>> notation in the tcprules database.
>>

> I would like, as most of my ip ranges are in cidr format. If its avail,
> then i'd like to try.

Here is a python script that can convert cidr to tcprules.

http://www.weimann.us/software/cidr2tcprules.py
Re: tcprules & cidr [ In reply to ]
Hi Christopher,

Am 12.04.2012 um 19:37 schrieb Christopher Weimann:

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM, qmail <qmail@gatworks.com> wrote:
> POP3 dictionary attacks -- change of bot strategy
>
> by Erwin Hoffmann

> Further, I will make a patch available against UCSPI-TCP enabling CIDR notation in the tcprules database.
>

> I would like, as most of my ip ranges are in cidr format. If its avail, then i'd like to try.
>

> Here is a python script that can convert cidr to tcprules.
>
> http://www.weimann.us/software/cidr2tcprules.py

I know, that there are several scripts around, doing this ....

However, regarding the dawn of IPv6 --- this is simply mandatory as support WITHIN tcprules.

regards.
--eh.

--
Dr. Erwin Hoffmann | FEHCom | http://www.fehcom.de | PGP Key-Id: 7E4034BE