consolidate all my aliases and forwards.

Ideally I'd end up with a single ~/aliases.cdb file or a ~/.qmail/ directory,
however if I edit the homedir field of a /var/qmail/users/assign file, I suspect
the default behavior will be to look there for my Maildirs and break the
'./Maildir/' syntax I've used successfully thus far.

What experiences have folks had in organizing their own .qmail files? What would
the best solution look like for a case like this?

Toby
Re: Organizing lots of .qmail files [ In reply to ]
Toby Betts <toby@su.bze.ro> wrote:

> Over time my home directory has grown to now be about 85.9% .qmail files
[...]
> Ideally I'd end up with a single ~/aliases.cdb file or a ~/.qmail/
> directory, however if I edit the homedir field of a /var/qmail/users/assign
> file

You shouldn't need to use the "wrong" value for homedir - simply setting the
"dash" field to "/" instead of "-" should cause qmail to look for
~/.qmail/ext1/ext2 (giving you your nice organized hierarchy and getting the
files out of your homedir) instead of ~/.qmail-ext1-ext2, etc. At least I
recall others mentioning that they do this.

Charles
Charles Cazabon
GPL'ed software available at: http://pyropus.ca/software/
Read http://pyropus.ca/personal/writings/12-steps-to-qmail-list-bliss.html