Mailing List Archive

Using Smarthost to relay email from qmail
Hi all! Crossposting this on the local LUG mailing list as well to see
if anyone locally can help, too J

I have an account set up at JangoMail to use them as my SMTP relay
service. However, I was wondering what I needed to do to set up QMail
to allow it to use them for relaying outgoing email using an username
and password (SMTP AUTH) to send any outbound messages?
Re: Using Smarthost to relay email from qmail [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Robert Wolfe <rwolfe@fpsoft.net> wrote:

> Hi all! Crossposting this on the local LUG mailing list as well to see if
> anyone locally can help, too J****
>
> ** **
>
> I have an account set up at JangoMail to use them as my SMTP relay
> service. However, I was wondering what I needed to do to set up QMail to
> allow it to use them for relaying outgoing email using an username and
> password (SMTP AUTH) to send any outbound messages?

Do you have the smtproutes file ?

as a root user# vi /var/qmail/control/*smtproutes*
add the following entry below in your smtproutes file

jangomail.com:mail.jangomail.com yourusername yourpassword

Syntax
[<email_domain>]:<mail_server_hostname_or_ip_address> [<smtp_auth_username>
<smtp_auth_password>]

--
Shepherd Nhongo

Do not Queue mail with SENDMAIL, send mail with QMAIL

Mobile +267 74476040
Re: Using Smarthost to relay email from qmail [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Feb 04, 2012 at 08:25:34 +0200, Shepherd Nhongo wrote:
> as a root user# vi /var/qmail/control/*smtproutes*
> add the following entry below in your smtproutes file
>
> jangomail.com:mail.jangomail.com yourusername yourpassword

There is no smtp authentication ability in original qmail.
You have to use appropriate patch for this.
The one I was using you can find at
http://fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html

--
Roman