Mailing List Archive

Re: firewalls
On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Graphic Rezidew wrote:

> this is the primary MX for my domain (example.net), what do I do on the
> firewall (energystone.example.net) to make mail from

This depends on your firewall. Real firewalls will handle email for you,
and the configuration is done on the firewall, they should also be
transparent to qmail. The firewall will respond for any destination IP
addresses, pick up the email destined for that site and relay it along in
a secure fashion.

Other so-called firewalls are really just packet filtering routers which
provide very little protection.

JAmes