Mailing List Archive

rcpthosts
Vince Vielhaber writes:

> Should the rcpthosts contain both the virtualdomains AND the local files
> or is the local stuff assumed? I'm finally switching to tcpcontrol.

Here's the deal:

rcpthosts contains mail for any domain that you are willing to allow
arrive via SMTP. This includes anything in control/virtualdomains and
anything in control/locals, (but not those which are local-only
domains, e.g. nelson@local, for which you specifically do NOT wish to
receive any mail for over the Internet) AND anything you are willing
to relay elsewhere. It's because of this latter two that rcpthosts
cannot be automagically consed up from locals and virtualdomains.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com> http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells network driver support | PGP ok