Mailing List Archive

signals and multithreaded apps
If I'm receiving on a socket or sleeping, even the friendliest of handled
signals will cause an IOError exception. Thus I've put extra loops around
every sleep, receive, etc., to keep them alive. This is a little
annoying, but doable. However, do I also need to protect database
queries, file writes, and print statements? Some of these are difficult
to test because they are so short, but I don't want my app to except out
on that fateful 1000th run because a SIGHUP was sent at the wrong
nanosecond that I didn't prepare for. Any wisdom on the safes and unsafes?

Nathan Clegg
nathan@islanddata.com