http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps: Cu Chi, Class of '70
How many of us are there? [ In reply to ]
"How many of us are there?"

Do you mean counting the elevator boy ?
Is he part of your family ?

Oh -- sorry, that's not Python. Oops.

---| Steven D. Majewski (804-982-0831) <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU> |---
---| Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics |---
---| University of Virginia Health Sciences Center |---
---| P.O. Box 10011 Charlottesville, VA 22906-0011 |---

Caldera Open Linux: "Powerful and easy to use!" -- Microsoft(*)
(*) <http://www.pathfinder.com/fortune/1999/03/01/mic.html>
How many of us are there? [ In reply to ]
Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

> Hello, Pythonistas--
> Does anyone out there have some idea how many people subscribe to the
> mailing list, or read the newsgroup?
>
> <lies-damned-lies-and-statistics-now-please>-ly y'rs,

Okay, I read the newsgroup. I'm here! Count me in! :)

Okay-I-guess-that-wasn't-helpful-ly yours,

Martijn
How many of us are there? [ In reply to ]
Steven D. Majewski <sdm7g@virginia.edu> wrote:

> "How many of us are there?"

> Do you mean counting the elevator boy ?
> Is he part of your family ?

We are four.
But of course there's your family.
But they're not traveling with me.
Where?

:-)

Chris
How many of us are there? [ In reply to ]
[Ivan Van Laningham]
> Hello, Pythonistas--
> Does anyone out there have some idea how many people subscribe to the
> mailing list, or read the newsgroup?

Yes, I keep exact daily tallies of both, along with the precise number of
Python programmers broken down by industry, application, age, gender,
income, countries of origin and residence, employer and life goals.

While I can't pass this information out for free, it's available for a
price. How do you think all those spammers got your email address <wink>?

python's-demographics-make-perl's-look-like-cobol's-ly y'rs - tim
How many of us are there? [ In reply to ]
Tim Peters wrote:

> [Ivan Van Laningham]
> > Hello, Pythonistas--
> > Does anyone out there have some idea how many people subscribe to the
> > mailing list, or read the newsgroup?
>
> Yes, I keep exact daily tallies of both, along with the precise number of
> Python programmers broken down by industry, application, age, gender,
> income, countries of origin and residence, employer and life goals.

Thank god he doesn't break down the numbers by aberrant food preferences.
And no, I'm not saying. Otherwise I'd be the only Python programmer in the
"Likes butter microwaved over Cheerios as a snack" category.

> While I can't pass this information out for free, it's available for a
> price. How do you think all those spammers got your email address <wink>?
>
> python's-demographics-make-perl's-look-like-cobol's-ly y'rs - tim

Industry: Telecommunications
Application: Network mismanagement
Age: Over 40. Not saying how much.
Gender: Mail or E-mail? Mail!
Income: Never enough.
Country of origin: U S of A
Country of residence: Califunia; no wait, that doesn't seem right.
Employer: Some unlikely startup.
Life goals: To be able to identify a Larch.
How many of us are there? [ In reply to ]
I should have known.

Tim Peters wrote:

> [Ivan Van Laningham]
> > Hello, Pythonistas--
> > Does anyone out there have some idea how many people subscribe to the
> > mailing list, or read the newsgroup?
>
> Yes, I keep exact daily tallies of both, along with the precise number of
> Python programmers broken down by industry, application, age, gender,
> income, countries of origin and residence, employer and life goals.
>
> While I can't pass this information out for free, it's available for a
> price. How do you think all those spammers got your email address <wink>?
>
> python's-demographics-make-perl's-look-like-cobol's-ly y'rs - tim

<I-will-gladly-pay-you-Tuesday-for-a-demographic-today>-ly y'rs,
Ivan

PS: Just define your currency. One or two jelly donuts?-)
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan@callware.com