We have something a little like this for Perl in the perltrap manpage.
Maybe later when the world is quieter.

--tom
Why use comp.lang.python when you've got comp.lang.perl.misc? [ In reply to ]
> After reading through the _Programming Python_ book, I thought to
> summarize some of my observatations, but the current climate is just
> too hot.

hey, why should the well behaved among us have to wait for
flame-throwers to chill out. we're here to learn about the languages
we use. bring on your insights, brother.

les schaffer
--
____ Les Schaffer ___| --->> Engineering R&D <<---
Theoretical & Applied Mechanics | Designspring, Inc.
Why use comp.lang.python when you've got comp.lang.perl.misc? [ In reply to ]
[courtesy cc of this posting mailed to cited author]

In comp.lang.python,
Les Schaffer <godzilla@netmeg.net> writes:
:hey, why should the well behaved among us have to wait for
:flame-throwers to chill out. we're here to learn about the languages
:we use. bring on your insights, brother.

It'll take me a little while to type them all in. I have pages and
pages of longhand notes, yet to be distilled. I'm not sure that I'll
be done in time for the Open Source conference. It's intended as a
non-judgmental set of corresponding features/properties/attributes.

--tom
--
#else /* !STDSTDIO */ /* The big, slow, and stupid way */
--Larry Wall in str.c from the 4.0 perl source code
Why use comp.lang.python when you've got comp.lang.perl.misc? [ In reply to ]
> After reading through the _Programming Python_ book, I thought to
> summarize some of my observatations, but the current climate is just
> too hot.

maybe Tom lives in Beverly Hills these days? ;-) ;-) ;-)

</F>