I'm running Windows 2000 RC1 (build 2031, the very latest). Will Python
run under this OS? Only NT4 is mentioned on the Python web page.

Thanks, Jim Green
Does Python run under Windows 2000? (build 2031) [ In reply to ]
James E. Green wrote:

> I'm running Windows 2000 RC1 (build 2031, the very latest).

2000 ? We aren't there yet. Apparently your OS suffers from Y2K.

BB
Does Python run under Windows 2000? (build 2031) [ In reply to ]
"James E. Green" <jgreen@RobotVision.com> writes:

> I'm running Windows 2000 RC1 (build 2031, the very latest). Will Python
> run under this OS?

It works for me. You'd hope M$ would provide that much compatibility.

Regards,
Martin
Does Python run under Windows 2000? (build 2031) [ In reply to ]
I've installed Python and the Win32 extensions without a hitch on 2092 and
everything seems to be in working order since PythonWin started up
successfully.

Bill

Does Python run under Windows 2000? (build 2031) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 13 Aug 1999 17:21:28 +0200, Boris Borcic <zorro@zipzap.ch>
wrote:

>James E. Green wrote:
>>
>> I'm running Windows 2000 RC1 (build 2031, the very latest).
>
>2000 ? We aren't there yet. Apparently your OS suffers from Y2K.
>
>BB

Windows 2000 is in beta. It's really NT 5, but apparantly they didn't
want the solid reputation of NT to be associated with it so they
adopted the numbering scheme from the buggier set of operating
systems. :-)
Does Python run under Windows 2000? (build 2031) [ In reply to ]
In article <37B40D58.DD6AADC0@RobotVision.com>
jgreen@RobotVision.com "James E. Green" writes:
> I'm running Windows 2000 RC1 (build 2031, the very latest). Will Python
> run under this OS?

Use Linux instead. You know it means sense. :-)

--
Phil Hunt....philh@vision25.demon.co.uk
Does Python run under Windows 2000? (build 2031) [ In reply to ]
It works for me, but I am on build 2072, which I think of as RC1. 2031
sounds like beta 3.

In my configuration, win32all-125, in common with some other software, puts
some dlls into the c:\documents and settings subdirectories, unexpectedly.
This results in a need to use regedit and then manually register some com
components. Not all users have reported this to be true.

I spent $50 for registration of win32all with Mark Hammond and he provided
excellent technical support for me in getting past the regedit and com
registration difficulties. This is very nice to have on an unsupported os.

python itself showed no difficulties in installing.

--
Max M. Stalnaker mailto:stalnaker@acm.org http://www.astarcc.com
253-565-2366 fax 253-565-0892