Mailing List Archive

configure is screwing up threadmodule.c
hi, i'm having problems getting threads to work in python. my problem is
at compile time. i have pthreads 1.0 installed on my linux computer
(slackware 3.4/kernel 2.0.30/gcc v2.7.2.3) when i ./configure python i
pass it the --with-threads. maybe something is going wrong i'm not sure
as to what to look out for?

Sorry about the lack of 'proof' so to speak. there is a lot of stuff in
the output of configure, and all the makes.. if you can give me any
advice as to what i should show you please tell me! i found this bit in
the configure script.

Any ideas/comments/suggestions as to what's happening here? I really
needs threads right now.
checking for pthread.h... (cached) yes
checking for --with-dec-threads... no
checking for --with-threads... yes
checking for --with-thread... yes
checking for mach/cthreads.h... (cached) no
checking for pthread_detach... (cached) no
checking for kernel/OS.h... (cached) no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthreads... (cached) no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... (cached) no
checking for pthread_create in -lc_r... (cached) no
checking for __d6_pthread_create in -lthread... (cached) no
checking for pthread_create in -lcma... (cached) no
checking for usconfig in -lmpc... (cached) no
checking for thr_create in -lthread... (cached) no
configure is screwing up threadmodule.c [ In reply to ]
Orlando Vazquez wrote:

> hi, i'm having problems getting threads to work in python. my problem is
> at compile time. i have pthreads 1.0 installed on my linux computer
> (slackware 3.4/kernel 2.0.30/gcc v2.7.2.3) when i ./configure python i
> pass it the --with-threads. maybe something is going wrong i'm not sure
> as to what to look out for?
>
> Sorry about the lack of 'proof' so to speak. there is a lot of stuff in
> the output of configure, and all the makes.. if you can give me any
> advice as to what i should show you please tell me! i found this bit in
> the configure script.
>
> Any ideas/comments/suggestions as to what's happening here? I really
> needs threads right now.
> checking for pthread.h... (cached) yes
> checking for --with-dec-threads... no
> checking for --with-threads... yes
> checking for --with-thread... yes
> checking for mach/cthreads.h... (cached) no
> checking for pthread_detach... (cached) no
> checking for kernel/OS.h... (cached) no
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthreads... (cached) no
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... (cached) no
> checking for pthread_create in -lc_r... (cached) no
> checking for __d6_pthread_create in -lthread... (cached) no
> checking for pthread_create in -lcma... (cached) no
> checking for usconfig in -lmpc... (cached) no
> checking for thr_create in -lthread... (cached) no

I think that you will need to do something like
make distclean
to remove the existing built files and the current configuration.

--
Paul Duffin
DT/6000 Development Email: pduffin@hursley.ibm.com