one know where I can get the book
Thanks
vijay
internet programming with python [ In reply to ]
Vijay Mallela <vijaym@netscape.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I am looking for the book "Internet programming with python". I need it
> at the earliest..
> I checked out amazon and other stores and they dont have it.. does any
> one know where I can get the book

it would help to know whereabouts in the world you are! If I saw a
copy in a bookshop, it's not much use telling you if you're the other
side of the world!

Jim
internet programming with python [ In reply to ]
I just picked it up at Barnes and Noble where it retailed for $34.95 US
and is discounted to $17.48 US. I feel sure that you can probably order
it from http://www.barnes&noble.com (not sure about URL). The ISBN is
1-55851-484-8 published by M&T Books a division of MIS:Press,
INC(http://www.mandt.com). I'm not sure but I think some references are
to libraries that have now been updated or replaced but in general it
has been a very helpful introduction. Especially interesting (to me),
if you have Netscape Enterprise Server, is embedding Python into
Netscape Server NSAPI.

Thomas

Vijay Mallela wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for the book "Internet programming with python". I need it
> at the earliest..
> I checked out amazon and other stores and they dont have it.. does any
> one know where I can get the book
> Thanks
> vijay

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II University Library
bennettt@am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice: 828 262 6587 FAX: 828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
- Chris Dunphy Boot Magazine
internet programming with python [ In reply to ]
I also have it "Internet Programming with Python" and found it very good, fun
to read, and probably a better book for a Python beginner than "Learning
Python". I hope it gets updated.

However, are you saying that there is something in it about using Python with
Netscape Enterprise Server? I didn't see anything there.

internet programming with python [ In reply to ]
Hi

Here is a Swedish site that has it:
www.bokus.com
Press the "sverige" button for next page
In the little box to the left labeled "snabbsök"
write "python" hit enter. And then you get a list of books.

I guess to order you might wanna send a mail to
info@bokus.com
to get details about how to order outside Sweden.
Internet Programming With Python
ISBN: 1558514848
Authors: Watters, Aaron
Rossum, Guido Van
Ahlstrom, James C.

It also seems to exist at Amazon.de; follow the link from
http://www.python.org/doc/Books.html
where other books may be found as well.

I have read some of "Programming Python" by Mark Lutz and found it
quite helpful.

Good Luck

-- Thomas

internet programming with python [ In reply to ]
Andrew Malcolmson wrote:

> I also have it "Internet Programming with Python" and found it very good, fun
> to read, and probably a better book for a Python beginner than "Learning
> Python". I hope it gets updated.
>

> However, are you saying that there is something in it about using Python with
> Netscape Enterprise Server? I didn't see anything there.

Check "Chapter Twelve: Embedding Python.." pages 425-443 is almost
completely about embedding Python with the Netscape Enterprise server
through Netscape's NSAPI.

Thomas