Mailing List Archive

NatLink v001: Talk to your Python!
Apologies if you've seen this before: a coworker posted it to the python
and announce groups, but I never saw it come across on their mailing-list
versions. So I'm mailing it to both.

Original msg, w/ HTML citation appended:

NatLink v001 by Joel Gould

I would like to announce the availability of a package which allows Python
programs to use large vocabulary speech recognition by interfacing to Dragon
NaturallySpeaking.

NatLink is a Python extension module which allows direct access and control
of Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Dragon NaturallySpeaking is the best selling
large vocabulary (i.e. dictation) speech recognition program commercially
available.

NatLink requires that you already have a copy of Dragon NaturallySpeaking
(sorry). It also only runs under Windows 95/98/NT (sorry again).

But with NatLink, you can:

(1) add speech recognition to your Python programs
(2) control Dragon NaturallySpeaking from Python
(3) write voice macros in Python for Dragon NaturallySpeaking

For more details, visit:
http://www.synapseadaptive.com/joel/natlink.htm

Note: NatLink is not a product but a freely downloadable package.

Joel Gould
joelg@alum.mit.edu

<P><A HREF="http://www.synapseadaptive.com/joel/natlink.htm">NatLink
v001</A> - speech recognition via Dragon NaturallySpeaking. (31-Jul-99)