Mailing List Archive

Am stupid and now going crazy...
Hello all,

Here is the problem:

I upgraded to Mandrake6.0 (RedHat6.0) on my ThinkPad 380D.

I want to use the same configuration as I had under RH5.2, which included
MySQL and the Python module MySQLmodule.so wich was loaded dynamically.

I have tried the following:

1) Using the old MySQLmodule.so ---> doesn't work... why exactly I'm not
sure.

2) Tried to compile the standalone module MySQLmodule.so as describe in
the docs, does not work.... complicated error message.

3) Tried to compile a whole version of Python 1.5.2 with MySQLmodule
included in the source tree. Couldnot find the mysqlclient.so module.

So here I am quietly thinking maybe I should throw the whole thing out the
window..... :-)

Does anybody have working modules:

MySQLmodule.so
mysqlclient.so

Or even perhaps a version of Python 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 with MySQL support
included?

Thanks very much.

Micheal J. Longval, MD
mlongval@geocities.com
Am stupid and now going crazy... [ In reply to ]
If you can't make it work , give me a shout and I will try and find the
modules I compiled earlier in my garbage directory.[. not an easy job - you
can lose the whole os there.]

Regards
sreekant
sreekantk@freenet.co.uk